1. Being ignorant of the law is not accepted as an ________ for breaking the law.
A) excuse B) intention C) option D) approval
2. Within two days， the army fired more than two hundred rockets and missiles at military ________ in the coastal city.
A) goals B) aims C) targets D) destinations
3. It is said in some parts of the world， goats， rather than cows， serve as a vital _______ of milk.
A) storage B) source C) reserve D) resource
4. “This light is too ________ for me to read by. Don‘t we have a brighter bulb some where”; said the elderly man.
A) mild B) dim C) minute D) slight
5. We have arranged to go to the cinema on Friday， but we can be ________ and go another day.
A) reliable B) probable C) feasible D) flexible
1. The machine looked like a large， ________， old-fashioned typewriter.
A) forceful B) clumsy C) intense D) tricky
2. Though she began her ________ by singing in a local pop group， she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
A) employment B) career C) occupation D) profession
3. Within two weeks of arrival， all foreigners had to ________ with the local police.
A) inquire B) consult C) register D) resolve
4. Considering your salary， you should be able to ________ at least twenty dollars a week.
A) put forward B) put up C) put out D) put aside
5. As he has ________ our patience， we‘ll not wait for him any longer.
A) torn B) wasted C) exhausted D) consumed
1. We are quite sure that we can ________ our present difficulties and finish the task according to schedule.
A) get across B) get over C) get away D) get off
2. ________ recent developments we do not think your scheme is practical.
A) In view of B) In favor of C) In case of D) In memory of
3. Jessica was ________ from the warehouse to the accounting office， which was considered a promotion.
A) delivered B) exchanged C) transferred D) transformed
4. Mr. Smith asked his secretary to ____ a new paragraph in the annual report she was typing.
A) inject B) install C) invade D) insert
5. There‘s the living room still to be ________， so that’s my next project.
A) abandoned B) decorated C) dissolved D) assessed